Current PHP version: 5.6.29-1+wpengine5

Transfer from or to Another Province

CPHR Canada requires that Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHRTM) designation holders maintain membership in HRMA or the association responsible for CPHRTM certification in their province of residence. When a member moves to another province, they are required to become a member of the association in their new province of residence.

An official Confirmation of Good Standing must be submitted to HRMA prior to the change in residence. HRMA will forward the transfer form to the new association which will complete the CPHRTM holder’s enrolment as a professional member in their province. A transfer fee is payable to HRMA.

Persons holding the CPHRTM designation that move into BC are required to apply for membership concurrent to the transfer of their designation from their former provincial associations. Provincial memberships are non-transferable. Please note that any lapse in membership longer than 60 days between the expiry of a former provincial membership and gaining membership in HRMA may result in the revocation of the transferee’s designation. CPHRTM Membership Application Form


  • When an HRMA member holding the CPHRTM designation resides in another province for a limited time while maintaining their residency in BC.
  • When an HRMA member holding the CPHRTM designation resides outside of Canada.
  • When an HRMA member is relocating to Ontario, a $25 transfer fee and HRPA Confirmation of Good Standing form are required.